sábado, 3 de mayo de 2008

Correction time guys!

Hi again! No, I didn't forget you! As you may pressume I've been busy as a bee and I couldn't post anything for some time. To start with I "owe" you some corrections. Here they are!

TEST 2 (Files 3 and 4):

GRAMMAR

A
1.my car repaired
2.have got lost
3.been waiting for
4.have been at home
5.have told me
6.had tried on
7.not have existed
8.the more money you'll earn
9.would have got to the top
10.you wouldn't phone
B
1...an old brown tracksuit
2...have our kitchen redecorated
3.He can't have forgotten...
4.The sooner you...
5.(Right)
6.People think...
7.(Right)
8...give some advice
9.(Right)
10.I might have left it...
C
1.decided
2.were playing
3.had sent
4.were decorating
5.had been painting
6.realized
7.had stopped
8.rushed
9.were adimiring
10.had just finished

VOCABULARY

A
1.general election
2.soldiers
3.loose
4.slippers
5.bargain
6.immature
7.equal rights
8.fence
9.lock
10.detached

B
1.furious
2.filthy
3.terrified
4.delighted
5.starving

C
1.goes
2.off
3.put
4.over
5.looking

D
1.lost;missed
2.seem;looked
3.robbed;stole
4.mind;matter
5.discuss;arguing

PRONUNCIATION

A
1.gloves
2.lose
3.looks
4.furniture

B
1.immaTURE
2.DIScount
3.deSIGNer
4.discrimiNATion
5.luXURious
6.GOVerment

CHECK YOUR PROGRESS 5

GRAMMAR
1
1.have you taken, I've finished
2.Have you been going, I've only had it
3.I've been looking, I haven't found
4.have you been doing, I've been working, I've planted

2
1.everything
2.each
3.every
4.(both are possible)
5.all

3
1.no, anything
2.anywhere
3.none
4.any
5.none

4
1.The friend I'm staying with is very nice.
2.Mark failed his driving test, which was a pity.
3.The hotel we're staying in is very noisy.
4.I can't hear what she's saying.
5.What I hate about the sales is that there are so many people.

VOCABULARY

5
1.bee
2.whale
3.kitten
4.cage
5.hunt
6.environment
7.wing
8.zebra crossing

6
1.unfortunately
2.memorize
3.improvement
4.terrified
5.communication
6.useless
7.adorable

7
1.clairvoyant
2.future
3.horoscope
4.spooky
5.coincidence

8
1.blind
2.match
3.fit
4.lie
5.court

That's all! I hoped you got many of them right!

Ana Martínez.

No hay comentarios: